Twice a year (normally April and October) we ask families to have a sort through and bag up any unwanted clothes, shoes and linens (amongst many other items) and bring them to school. This is weighed and collected by the Bag2School team who then give us a cheque.
Each time we have this event our collection weight has increased which has resulted in hundreds of pounds in payment (and a few clearer cupboards)! It’s a great way to make money for our school and promotes the reuse of clothing rather than it ending up in landfill.
Your children are allowed to bring in any bags of stuff during the week leading up to the collection date to make it easier for you.
This is what we can take:
- Mens, Ladies and Childrens clothing
- Paired shoes (tied together or elastic band around)
- Scarves and ties
- Soft toys
- Household linen
- Household curtains
- Household towels
- Household bedding (bed sheets, pillow cases and duvet covers)
We do not accept:
- Duvets and blankets
- Pillows and cushions
- Carpets, rugs and mats (including bath, shower and toilet mats)
- Soiled, painted, ripped or wet clothing
- School uniforms with and without logo
- Corporate clothing and workwear
- Textile off cuts, yarns or threaded material
Our next collection is arranged for 1st July 2022.
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.